lower left, JF in monogram: JF.K. 57
The artist; sold 1857 to Robert M. Olyphant [1824-1918], New York; (his sale, by Robert Somerville at Chickering Hall, New York, 18-19 December 1877, 1st day, no. 65, as High Bank, Genessee River); Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Thirty-third Annual Exhibition, National Academy of Design, New York, 13 April - 30 June 1858, no. 418.
- The Hudson River School, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, October 1955, as High Bank, Genesee River.
- Art of the United States: 1670-1966, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 27 September - 27 November 1966, no. 157.
- Past and Present: 250 Years of American Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, unpublished checklist.
- John Frederick Kensett 1816-1872, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; Columbus Museum of Art; M.H. de Young Memorial Museum, San Francisco; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Cummer Museum of Art, Jacksonville, 1968-1969, no. 25, repro. (shown only in New York).
- The Genesse Country, Memorial Art Gallery, University of Rochester, 16 January - 22 February 1976, no. 32, repro.
- Exhibition of 19th Century American Landscape Painting, The Committee on House Administration of the United States House of Representatives, Washington, 31 January - 31 March 1977, no. 4, as High Back, Genessee River.
- The Course of Empire: The Erie Canal and the New York Landscape, 1825-1875, Memorial Gallery, University of Rochester, 16 June - 12 August 1984, no. 33, repro.
- Encouraging American Genius: Master Paintings from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Parrish Art Museum, Southampton, NY; Mint Museum of Art, Charlotte; John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota, 2005-2007, checklist no. 28.
- The American Evolution: A History through Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2008, unpublished checklist.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013 - 28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Strong, Lisa. "John Frederick Kensett, View on the Genesee near Mount Morris." In Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Edited by Sarah Cash. Washington, 2011: 30, 116-117, 263.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: