lower right: Isabel Bishop
The artist; purchased March 1945 through (Midtown Galleries, New York) by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Nineteenth Biennial Exhibition of Comporary American Paintings, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 18 March - 29 April 1945, no. 36, repro.
- American Painting: Second Quarter of the 20th Century, Jacksonville Art Museum, 30 November - 30 December 1956, no. 1.
- 25th Anniversary Loan Exhibition, Midtown Galleries, New York, 7 May - 8 June 1957, no. 4.
- Loan to display at The White House, Washington, 1961-1963.
- Paintings by Isabel Bishop/Sculpture by Dorothea Greenbaum, New Jersey State Museum, Trenton, 2 May - 5 July 1970, no. 8.
- Loan to display at the U.S. Embassy, Moscow, 30 October 1971 - 31 July 1972.
- Isabel Bishop Retrospective, University of Arizona, Tucson; Edwin A. Ulrich Museum of Art, Wichita State University; Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 3 November 1974 - 4 May 1975, no. 33, fig. 22.
- The William A. Clark Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 26 April - 16 July 1978, unnumbered catalogue.
- Women Artists in Washington Collections, University of Maryland Art Gallery, College Park, 18 January - 25 February 1979, no. 2, repro.
- Guy Pène du Bois: Artist About Town, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha; Mary and Leigh Block Gallery, Northwestern University, Evanston, 10 October 1980 - 10 May 1981, no. 91, repro.
- Of Time and Place: American Figurative Art from the Corcoran Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Cincinnati Art Museum; San Diego Museum of Art; University of Kentucky Art Museum, Lexington; Hunter Museum of Art, Chattanooga; Philbrook Art Center, Tulsa; Portland Art Museum, Oregon; Des Moines Art Center; Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, FL, 1981-1983, no. 58, repro.
- The Forty-Fifth Biennial: The Corcoran Collects, 1907–1998, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 17 July - 29 September 1998, unnumbered catalogue.
- Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1950, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 November 2004 - 7 August 2005, unpublished checklist.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013 - 28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Phillips, Dorothy W. A Catalogue of the Collection of American Paintings in The Corcoran Gallery of Art, Vol. 1: Painters born before 1850. Washington, 1966: 168-170.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 289, repro.