lower right: E. Boudin 18[illegible]
(Durand-Ruel, Paris); possibly (sale, The Durand-Ruel Collection of French Paintings, Moore's Art Galleries, New York, 5-6 May 1887, no. 5). (Durand-Ruel, New York); purchased 1898 by William A. Clark [1839-1925], New York; bequest April 1926 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Exposition of Paintings by the Late Louis Eugène Boudin, Durand-Ruel Galleries, New York, 15 December 1898 - 15 January 1899, no. 2.
- Loan Exhibition. Masterpieces of the Corcoran Gallery of Art: A Benefit Exhibition in Honor of the Gallery's Centenary, Wildenstein, New York, 28 January - 7 March 1959, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- The William A. Clark Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1978, no checklist.
- La Vie Moderne: Nineteenth Century French Art from the Corcoran Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Columbus Museum of Arts and Sciences, Georgia; Mary and Leigh Block Gallery, Northwestern University, Evanston; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Tampa Museum; Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha; Akron Art Museum, 1983-1985, no. 9, repro.
- A Passion for Nature: Landscape Painting from 19th Century France, Art Gallery of Alberta, Edmonton, 15 October 2011 - 20 February 2012, no catalogue.
- Carroll, Dana H. Catalogue of Objects of Fine Art and Other Properties at the Home of William Andrews Clark, 962 Fifth Avenue. Part I. Unpublished manuscript, n.d. (1925): 176, no. 184.
- Benjamin, Ruth L. Eugene Boudin. New York, 1937; 134.
- Schmit, Robert. Eugene Boudin: 1824-1898. Paris, 1968; no. 788.