lower right: C. P. Cranch / 1852
William Wilson Corcoran [1798-1888], Washington; gift 10 May 1869 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Travelers in Arcadia: American Artists in Italy, 1830-1875, Detroit Institute of Arts; Toledo (Ohio) Museum of Art, 1951, no. 37.
- Tribute to W. W. Corcoran, George Washington University, Washington, 4-31 October 1952.
- The Romantic Century, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 22 June - 9 September 1963.
- Past and Present: 250 Years of American Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 15 April-30 September 1966, unpublished checklist.
- 19th Century American Landscape Paintings, Great Hall, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, 15 October - 10 December 1975, no catalogue.
- At Home and Abroad: The Transcendental Landscapes of Christopher Pearse Cranch (1813-1892), Lyman Allyn Art Museum, New London; The Newington-Cropsey Foundation, Hastings-on-Hudson, New York, 2007-2008, unnumbered checklist, repro.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013 - 28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Phillips, Dorothy W. A Catalogue of the Collection of American Paintings in The Corcoran Gallery of Art, Vol. 1: Painters born before 1850. Washington, 1966: 85-86, repro.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 293, repro.