"BARYE" in water area under horse's hoof
Commissioned 1873 directly from the artist by William T. Walters, chairman of the Corcoran Gallery of Art’s acquisition committee; purchased 1873 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
Associated NamesCorcoran Gallery of Art
- Antoine Louis Barye: A Selection of Bronzes from the Permanent Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 5 July - 10 September 1978.
- The Romantics to Rodin: French Nineteenth-Century Sculpture from American Collections: Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Detroit Institute of Arts, Indianapolis Museum of Art, 1980-1981.
- Antoine-Louis Barye: The Corcoran Collection, Sarah Campbell Blaffer Gallery, Houston; The Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, Williamstown, 1988-1990, unnumbered catalogue, fig. 50.
- Poletti, Michel, and Alain Richarme. Barye: catalogue raisonné des sculptures. Paris, 2000: 94, under F23.
- Hubbard, Guy. "Images That Twish and Turn." Arts & Activities (March 2002): 47.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: