The Dearborn home, Portland, Maine; (F. O. Bailey Co., Portland, Maine); Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1951; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- The Age of Dunlap, William Hayes Ackland Memorial Art Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1968
- A Measure of Beauty: Diffusion of Style in Early Nineteenth Century America, National Collection of Fine Arts, Washington, DC, 1973
- American Master Drawings from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1983
- Davidson, Marshall. The Artist's America. New York: American Heritage Publishing Company, 1973, p. 57.
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 2, no. 10.
- Miles, Ellen G. Saint-Mémin and the Neoclassical Profile Portrait in America. Washington, DC: National Portrait Gallery, 1994, p. 283, no. 228.