John Carlye Herbert, Washington, DC; William P. Herbert (the sitter's grandson); R. Beverly Herbert, W. Pinkney Herbert, Guy F. Herbert, and Edward Herbert (the sitter's great-grandsons), 1907; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1964; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Exhibition of the Works of Saint-Mémin, Valentine Museum, Richmond, Virginia, 1941, no. 11
- Faces of Alexandria, 1749-1849, Northern Virginia Fine Arts Association, Alexandria, 1978
- Federal Profiles: Saint-Mémin in America, National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, 1994-1995, no. 36
- Bolton, Theodore. "Saint-Mémin's Crayon Portraits." Art in America 9, no. 1 (December 1920): p. 166, no. 8 (as Robert Beverly Herbert).
- Bolton, Theodore. Early American Portrait Draughtsmen in Crayons. New York: F.F. Sherman, 1923, p. 66, no. 24 (as Robert Beverly Herbert).
- Norfleet, Fillmore. Saint-Mémin in Virginia: Portraits and Biographies. Richmond, Virginia: The Dietz Press, 1942, p. 173.
- Art Quarterly 27 (1964): p. 387.
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 2, no. 11.
- Miles, Ellen G. Saint-Mémin and the Neoclassical Profile Portrait in America. Washington, DC: National Portrait Gallery, 1994, p. 318, no. 406.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: