lower left in graphite: J.K.
Marks and Labels
embossed lower right: ACKERMAN & CO.
(Ferargil Galleries, New York); Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1948; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- In Praise of Space, Westminster College Art Gallery, New Wilmington, Pennsylvania; Parsons School of Design, New York, 1975-1976
- Paper in Prints, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1977, no. 79
- Sketches by Contemporaries of Frederic E. Church, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1979
- American Master Drawings from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1983
- In Search of the Picturesque: Nineteenth Century Images of Industry Along the Hudson River Valley, Blum Art Institute, Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson, New York; Hudson River Museum, Yonkers, New York; Albany Institute of History and Art, New York, 1983
- American Masters: Works on Paper from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC; Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service, 1986-1988, pp. 25-27, no. 12, repro
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 32, no. 227.