lower left in graphite: Edward Hopper; upper right verso in graphite by unknown hand: 14 [not deciphered] 18; along the right verso in graphite by unknown hand: [not deciphered]
(Frank K. M. Rehn, New York); Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1951; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Art and the Theatre, Watkins Museum, American University, Washington, DC, 1956
- That’s Entertainment, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1980, no. 25
- American Master Drawings from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1983
- Impressionism, Realism, Modernism: Works on Paper from the American Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2007
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 175, no. 1193.
- Levin, Gail. Edward Hopper. New York: Crown Publishers, 1984, p. 77.
- Goldstein, Nathan. The Art of Responsive Drawing. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1991, p. 259.