lower right in watercolor: Henry Bacon; lower right verso in black ink by unknown hand: no: 1
Mrs. Henry Bacon (Louisa Lee Andrews), 1912; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1913; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- A Collection of Water Colors by Henry Bacon (An Exhibition of Paintings Interpretative of Egypt and Greece, and Other Themes in Water Color by the Late American Artist Henry Bacon), City Art Museum of St. Louis, Missouri, 1913, no. 3, repro
- Henry Bacon Watercolors [exact title unknown], Moore Galleries, Washington, DC, 1913, no. 3
- A Memorial Exhibition of Water Colors of Egypt, Greece, France, Italy and England, by Henry Bacon, National Collection of Fine Arts, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, 1931, no. 12, repro (as "The Camel Train—Egypt")
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 86, no. 543.
- Junkin, Sara Caldwell. "Henry Bacon in Egypt." Archives of American Art Journal 33, no. 4. Washington, DC: Archives of American Art, 1993: p. 5.