lower right in graphite: Mount Washington / from near Bartletts / J.F.C Sept 18th 1852.; upper right in graphite: [not deciphered, crossed out] / all the outlines of Mt. W to be kept up higher / so as to elevate the hill to the left
Marks and Labels
embossed lower right verso: JDH
Mr. and Mrs. John C. Newington (great-granddaughter of the artist), Greenwich, Connecticut; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1977; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
Associated NamesCorcoran Gallery of Art
Newington, John C. Mr. and Mrs.
- Changing Prospects: Views of America on Paper from the Corcoran Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC (Tour of Canada), 1977-1979
- Sketches by Contemporaries of Frederic E. Church, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1979
- Hudson River Drawing, Falmouth Public Library, Massachusetts, 1980-1981
- Acquisitions Since 1975, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1982-1983
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 38, no. 266.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: