Richard Bennett, Northampton, England. Peter A. B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; inheritance from Estate of Peter A. B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.
The vase is thrown in three sections that are luted together; the interior is unglazed. The white paste has burned to a slight orange color at the foot. The foot-ring is smoothly rounded, enclosing a recessed base that is glazed. A double circle in underglaze blue is painted on the base.
- Gorer 1911, 50, no. 271.
- Gorer/Blacker 1911, 1:pl. 107.
- Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 24.
- Christensen, Erwin O. Chinese Porcelains of the Widener Collection. Washington, 1947 (rev. ed. 1956): 4, 10, fig. 1.
- Koyama et al. 1955-1958, pl. 28.
- Kopper, Philip. America's National Gallery of Art: A Gift to the Nation. New York, 1991: 197, color repro.
- Bower, Virginia, Josephine Hadley Knapp, Stephen Little, and Robert Wilson Torchia. Decorative Arts, Part II: Far Eastern Ceramics and Paintings; Persian and Indian Rugs and Carpets. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1998: 218-219, color repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: