lower left in charcoal: Mt. Hood / Childe Hassam, Aug [not deciphered] 1904
James Parmelee, Washington, DC; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1941; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Exhibition of Pictures by Childe Hassam, Montross Gallery, New York, 1911, no. 40 (as "Mt. Hood - The End of the Timber Line")
- A Collection of Paintings and Drawings by Mr. Childe Hassam, N.A., City Art Museum of St. Louis, Missouri, 1912, no. 36 (as "Mount Hood: The End of the Timber Line")
- Childe Hassam: A Retrospective Exhibition, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Massachusetts; Currier Gallery of Art, Manchester, New Hampshire; Gallery of Modern Art, New York, 1965, no. 70
- Changing Prospects: Views of America on Paper from the Corcoran Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC (Tour of Canada), 1977-1979
- American Places, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1979-1980
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 121, no. 807.