lower center in charcoal: G. Melchers
Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1930; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- The Last 100 Years in American Prints and Drawings, Baltimore Museum of Art, Maryland, 1938
- American Portraits, Watkins Gallery, American University, Washington, DC, 1949
- American Master Drawings from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1983
- Gari Melchers: A Retrospective Exhibition, Museum of Fine Art, St. Petersburg, Florida; Detroit Institute of Arts, Michigan; Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, 1990-1991
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 121, no. 813.