Mr. and Mrs. John Mead Howells, New York; Amelia Elizabeth White, Santa Fe, New Mexico; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1937; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- The Exposition of Tribal Indian Arts, Grand Central Art Galleries, New York, 1931, no. 188
- Symbols and Scenes: Art By and About American Indians, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1980 (as "Leaping Deer Design")
- American Master Drawings from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1983 (as "Design of Leaping Deer")
- American Masters: Works on Paper from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC; Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service, 1986-1988, pp. 60-63, no. 35, repro (as "Design of Leaping Deer")
- Tanner, Clara Lee. Southwest Indian Painting, A Changing Art. Tucson: University of Arizona, 1973. (as Leaping Deer Design)
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 199, no. 1341 (as Design of Leaping Deer).