lower left in graphite: A.D.S. / Cherry Lake White Mts. / Aug 29. 59.; lower right in graphite: IN MAINE NORTH / WHITE MTS.; center left edge in graphite by unknown hand: 11 x 17 1/2 signed "ADS"
the artist, Granby, Connecticut; Helen Howard Shattuck Stewart (the artist's daughter), Granby, Connecticut, 1928; Katherine Stewart Emigh (the artist's granddaughter), New Britain, Connecticut, 1966; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1977; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Changing Prospects: Views of America on Paper from the Corcoran Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC (Tour of Canada), 1977-1979
- American Places, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1979-1980
- Sketches by Contemporaries of Frederic E. Church, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1979
- Hudson River Drawing, Falmouth Public Library, Massachusetts, 1980-1981
- Acquisitions Since 1975, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1982-1983
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 72, no. 454.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: