lower left plate printed in black ink: Charles J. Watson. 1913; lower left in graphite: Charles J. Watson.; lower left in graphite by unknown hand: St. Germain L'Auxerrois - Paris; lower right in graphite by unknown hand: 2414 4614/48.
purchased through the Mary E. Maxwell Fund by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1932; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art