Inscribed by W. Esdaile on mount lower right in brown ink: Rembrandt from the Carew Collection
William Esdaile (according to Benesch). Reginald Pole Carew, London (1753–1835) (not in Lugt); (his sale, Mr. Wheatley, London, no. 242); (Thomas Palser, London). Marsden J. Perry, Providence, R.I. (b. 1850) (Lugt 1880); Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, PA; gift to NGA, 1942.
- Drawings and Watercolors by Flemish and Dutch Masters, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1954.
- Rembrandt in the National Gallery of Art [Commemorating the Tercentenary of the Artist's Death], National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1969, no. 36, 41, repro., as Hagar in the Desert of Sinai.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Valentiner, Wilhelm R. Rembrandt, des Meisters Handzeichnungen. 2 vols. Klassiker der Kunst in Gesamtausgaben. Berlin, 1925–1934: 2(1934): no. 17 ("nicht ganz sicher")
- National Gallery of Art. Rembrandt in the National Gallery of Art: Commemorating the tercentenary of the artist's death. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1969: 41, no. 36, repro., as Hagar in the Desert of Sinai.
- Benesch, Otto. The Drawings of Rembrandt. 6 vols. London: Phaidon, 1973. (enlarged and edited by Eva Benesch from 1954-1957 ed.): no. 946
- Sort by:
- Results layout: