lower left in graphite: Greene; lower right verso in black ink by unknown hand: #18
(Staempfli Gallery, New York); Mr. and Mrs. Phillip A. Bruno, New York; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1966; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Stephen Greene: A Retrospective Exhibition of Paintings and Drawings, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC; University of Minnesota Gallery, Minneapolis; Des Moines Art Center, Iowa; Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, Michigan; Tennessee Fine Arts Center, Nashville, 1963-1964, no. 14
- Internationale Der Zeichnung, Darmstadt, Germany, 1964, p. 104, repro
- Stephen Greene, Staempfli Gallery, New York, 1964
- [exhibition title unknown], Finch College Museum of Art, New York, 1965-1966
- [exhibition title unknown], Saint Paul Art Center, Minnesota, 1966
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 217, no. 1454 (incorrect image).