lower left in black ink: Frederic Remington 1889; lower right margin in graphite by unknown hand: 10 1/4 / 13 1/2 / 10 D/P / x / 14; upper right verso in graphite by unknown hand: 1154
(Edward Eberstadt & Sons, New York); Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1962; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Progress of An American Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1963
- Frederic Remington: A Retrospective Exhibition of Painting and Sculpture, Paine Art Center and Arboretum, Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Minnesota; Clark Art Institute, WIlliamstown, Massachusetts, 1967, no. 5, repro
- Frederic Remington in the Southwest, Amon Carter Museum of American Art, Fort Worth, Texas, 1973, p. 19, no. 13, repro
- That’s Entertainment, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1980, no. 32
- The Artist as Illustrator, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1981, no. 25
- Harper's Weekly 33, no. 1698 (July 6, 1889): pp. 540-541, 547.
- Jackson, Marta, and Owen Wister. The Illustrations of Frederic Remington. New York: Crown Publishers, 1970, p. 31.
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 124, no. 831.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: