on verso, signed by artist, lower left in ink: Robert Frank WALES 1951; by unknown hand, upper left in graphite: 3033-III / RF-16119 YAJIMA / [T?] [V?]; upper right: RF.677; top right corner: 3033-III / [illegible, scribbled over] / Wg; lower left circled in graphite: M; bottom left corner cross drawn in graphite
Robert Frank, New York; (Pace/MacGill Gallery, New York); Betsy Karel, Washington, DC, 2003; gift to NGA, 2014.
- Robert Frank: London/Wales, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington DC, 10 May - 14 July 2003.
- Robert Frank: Storylines, Tate Modern, London, 28 October 2004 - 23 January 2005; Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona, 8 February - 11 April 2005; Fotomuseum Winterthur and Fotostifung Schweiz, Winterthur, Switzerland, 3 September - 20 November 2005.
- Celebrating Photography at the National Gallery of Art: Recent Gifts, Washington, DC, November 1, 2015–February 28, 2016
- Robert Frank: London/Wales. Exh. cat. Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2003: 97.
- Robert Frank: Storylines. Exh. cat. Tate Modern, London, 2004: 77.