signed by artist, lower right in black ink: R. Frank.; lower left: CAERAU COAL MINE WALES; on verso, by unknown hand, upper left in graphite: 390-III; upper right: 390-III / RF.709 [illegible scribbled over] / W8; center right, perpendicular: C.10; lower left: X
Robert Frank, New York; (Pace/MacGill Gallery, New York); Betsy Karel, Washington, DC, 2003; gift to NGA, 2014.
- Robert Frank: London/Wales, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, May 10-July 14, 2003
- Storylines: Robert Frank, Tate Modern, London, 28 October 2004 - 23 January 2005; Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona, 8 February - 11 April 2005; Fotomuseum Winterthur and Fotostiftung Schweiz, 3 September - 20 November 2005
- Strange and Familiar: Britain as Revealed by International Photographers, Barbican Art Gallery, London, 16 March 2016 - 19 June 2016
- Robert Frank: London/Wales Exh. cat. Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2003: 83.
- Robert Frank: Storylines. Exh. cat. Tate Modern, London, 2004: 72.