lower left in brush and black ink: W. Glackens; upper left verso in graphite by unknown hand: 589
Mrs. William J. Glackens (wife of the artist), New York; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1943; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- The Artist as Illustrator, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1981, no. 10
- Twentieth Century American Drawings: The Figure in Context, Terra Museum of American Art, Evanston, Illinois; Arkansas Art Center, Little Rock; Oklahoma City Museum of Art; Toldeo Museum of Art, Ohio; Elvehjem Museum of Art, Madison, Wisconsin; National Academy of Design, New York; International Exhibition Foundation Tour, 1984-1985, p. 57, no. 34, repro
- Impressionism, Realism, Modernism: Works on Paper from the American Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2007
- DeKock, Charles P. "The Husbands." Edmond and His Cousin. Boston: Frederick J. Quimby Co., 1904, p. 226.
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 152, no. 1023.
- Allyn, Nancy E., and Elizabeth H. Hawkes. William Glackens: A Catalogue of his Book and Magazine Illustrations. Wilmington: Delaware Art Museum, 1987, pp. 45, 97, no. 1018.