lower left in black conté crayon: W. Glackens; upper left verso in green colored pencil by unknown hand: C 13; center verso in graphite: I went down that there slide / faster than the Empire State Express; lower center verso in graphite by unknown hand: - 4 1/2" - / 10 1/8 x 11 3/8 / with rule
Mrs. William J. Glackens, New York; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1943; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works by William J. Glackens, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1939, no. 112
- That’s Entertainment, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1980
- Of Time and Place: American Figurative Art from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC; Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service, 1981-1983, pp. 96-97, no. 35, repro
- Impressionism, Realism, Modernism: Works on Paper from the American Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2007
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 152, no. 1025.
- Allyn, Nancy E., and Elizabeth H. Hawkes. William Glackens: A Catalogue of his Book and Magazine Illustrations. Wilmington: Delaware Art Museum, 1987, pp. 27, 74, no. 554.