upper left: Irving R. Wiles
The artist; purchased 9 December 1910 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Third Biennial Exhibition of Oil Paintings by Contemporary American Artists, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 10 December 1910 - 22 January 1911, no. 185, repro.
- Portraits by Irving R. Wiles, M. Knoedler & Co., New York, March-April 1916, no. 14.
- Loan Exhibition from the Corcoran Gallery of Art: Selected Group of Twenty American Painters, Mint Museum of Art, Charlotte, March-April 1939, unnumbered checklist.
- Irving Ramsay Wiles, Chapellier Gallery, New York, November 1967, no. 4, repro.
- The Art of Irving Ramsay Wiles (1861-1948), Albrecht Gallery, St. Joseph, Missouri, 8 April - 30 May 1971, no. 72.
- Irving R. Wiles, National Academy of Design, New York; Butler Institute of American Art, Youngstown, Ohio; Fine Arts Center, Nashville, 1988, repro. (shown only in New York).
- The Forty-fifth Biennial: The Corcoran Collects, 1907–1998, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 17 July - 29 September 1998, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Gilded Cage: Views of American Women, 1873–1921, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 13 July - 27 August 2002, unpublished checklist.
- The Impressionist Tradition in America, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 19 July 2003 - 18 October 2004, unpublished checklist.
- Mechlin, Leila. "Standard Kept Up: Third Biennial Exhibition of the Corcoran Gallery [exh. review]." Evening Star (10 December 1910): 6.
- Phillips, Dorothy W. A Catalogue of the Collection of American Paintings in the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Vol. 2: Painters born from 1850 to 1910. Washington, 1973: 49.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 325, repro.