lower left: Cecilia Beaux
The sitter; by descent to her granddaughter, Lois B. Weigl [1910-2000]; gift 1997 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2016 by the National Gallery of Art.
- 122nd Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, no. 230, repro.
- Thirty-ninth Annual Exhibition 1930-1931, National Association of Women Painters and Sculptors, New York, 30 December 1930 - 19 January 1931, no. 21, repro., as Mrs. Julia Kahle.
- Cecilia Beaux and the Art of Portraiture, National Portrait Gallery, Washington; Westmoreland Museum of Art, Greensburg, Pennsylvania, 1995-1996, no. 68, repro.
- Gilded Cage: Views of American Women, 1873-1921, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 13 July - 27 August 2002, brochure.
- Drinker, Henry S. The Paintings and Drawings of Cecilia Beaux. Philadelphia, 1955: 72.
- Barratt, Carrie Rebora and Lori Zabar. American Portrait Miniatures in The Metropolitan Museum of Art. New York and New Haven, 2010: 234.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 287, repro.