The artist [1923-2002], New York; purchased 11 March 1955 through (Tibor de Nagy Art Gallery, New York) by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Twenty-fourth Biennial Exhibition of Contemporary American Oil Paintings, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 13 March - 31 July 1955, no. 47, repro.
- Twelve Americans, Museum of Modern Art, New York, 29 May - 9 September 1956, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Progress of an American Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 25 October - 29 December 1963, unpublished checklist.
- Larry Rivers Retrospective Exhibition, Rose Art Museum, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts; Pasadena Art Museum; Jewish Museum, New York; Detroit Institute of Arts; Minneapolis Institute of Arts, 1965, no. 3, repro.
- American Self-Portraits, 1670-1973, National Portrait Gallery, Washington; Indianapolis Museum of Art, 1974, no. 91, repro.
- The William A. Clark Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 26 April - 16 July 1978.
- Larry Rivers: Performing for the Family, An Exhibition of Paintings, Sculpture, Drawings, Mixed Media Works, Films and Video, 1951-1981, Guild Hall Museum, East Hampton, New York; Lowe Art Museum, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, 1983, no. 1.
- The Figurative Fifties: New York Figurative Expressionism, Newport Harbor Art Museum, Newport Beach; Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia; McNay Art Museum, San Antonio, 1988-1989, no. 68, repro. (Newport Beach and Philadelphia only).
- Larry Rivers: Public and Private, Butler Institute of American Art, Youngstown, Ohio; Norton Gallery of Art, West Palm Beach; Fort Wayne Museum of Art; Scottsdale Center for the Arts; J.B. Speed Art Museum, Louisville, 1990-1992, no. 5, repro. (Youngstown and West Palm Beach only).
- The Forty-Fifth Biennial: The Corcoran Collects, 1907–1998, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 17 July - 29 September 1998, unnumbered catalogue.
- Gottlieb, Carla. "Self-Portraiture in Postmodern Art." Wallraf-Richartz-Jahrbuch 42 (1981): 268.
- Hunter, Sam. Larry Rivers. New York, 1989: 190 fig. 140, 341, 190.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: