lower right: T. Doughty
William Church Osborn [1862-1951], New York; gift 1 February 1904 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2016 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Loan to display in the White House, Washington, 1945.
- The American Muse: Parallel Trends in Literature and Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 4 April - 17 May 1959, no. 48.
- A Century and A Half of American Painting: A Special Exhibition on Loan from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., Dulin Gallery of Art, Knoxville, 3 April - 13 May 1963, no. 3.
- Past and Present: 250 Years of American Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 15 April - 30 September 1966, unpublished checklist.
- Thomas Doughty, 1793-1856: An American Pioneer in Landscape Painting, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Albany Institute of History and Art, 19 October 1973 - 7 April 1974, no. 36, repro.
- Extended loan for use in the Vice President's Residence, Washington, 1989.
- Extended loan for use by the Secretaries of Agriculture, Edward R. Madigan and Mike Espy, Department of Agriculture, Washington, 7 September 1993 - 28 December 1994.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 294, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: