lower left: E.Boudin.83.; lower right: Le Havre
William B. Norman [d. 1906]; sold 1899 to (Durand-Ruel et Cie, Paris and New York). Edward C. [d. 1915] and Mary Griffin [1855-1937] Walker, Willistead Manor, Walkerville, Ontario, and Washington, by 1905; bequest 4 May 1937 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Exhibition of Paintings Lent from the Private Collection of E. Chandler Walker, Detroit Museum of Art,1905, no. 30, as Marine.
- A Selection of Paintings from the Edward C. Walker and Mary Walker Collection, Willistead Art Gallery, Windsor, Ontario, 8-29 October 1958, no. 2, as Marine.
- French Masterworks: A Loan Exhibition from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Museum of New Mexico, Santa Fe, 1 July - 13 August 1959.
- Jongkind and the Pre-Impressionists, Smith College Museum of Art, Northampton, Massachusetts; Sterling and Francine Clark Institute, Williamstown, 1976-1977.
- La Vie Moderne: Nineteenth Century French Art from the Corcoran Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Columbus Museum of Arts and Sciences, Georgia; Mary and Leigh Block Gallery, Northwestern University, Evanston; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Tampa Museum; Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha; Akron Art Museum, 1983-1985, no. 32, repro.
- Schmit, Robert. Eugene Boudin: 1824-1898. Paris, 1968; 69-70.
- Cunningham, Charles C. Jongkind and the Pre-Impressionists: Painters of the Ecole Saint-Simon. Williamstown, MA. 1977; 76.