lower left: John R. Grabach
Received 17 July 1941 from the artist by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, in exhange for his painting River Barges; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- John R. Grabach: Seventy Years an Artist, National Collection of Fine Arts, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, 23 May - 17 August 1980, no. 6, repro.
- Of Time and Place: American Figurative Art from the Corcoran Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Cincinnati Art Museum; San Diego Museum of Art; University of Kentucky Art Museum, Lexington; Hunter Museum of Art, Chattanooga; Philbrook Art Center, Tulsa; Portland Art Museum, Oregon; Des Moines Art Center; Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, FL, 1981-1983, no. 40, repro.
- Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1950, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 November 2004 - 7 August 2005, unpublished checklist.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013 - 28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 298, repro.