lower right: I. RICE PEREIRA; upper left reverse: The Circumnavigation / of the Sphering / of the / Poles
The artist; purchased 20 May 1969 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Thirty-first Biennial Exhibition, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 31 January - 16 March 1969, no. 49, repro.
- New Accessions, USA, Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center, 29 July - 20 September 1970, no.11.
- Contemporary Religious Imagery in American Art, Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota, 1-31 March 1974, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Perceptions of the Spirit in Twentieth-Century American Art, Indianapolis Museum of Art; University Art Museum, Berkeley; Marion Koogler McNay Art Institute, San Antonio; Columbus Gallery of Fine Arts, 20 September 1977 - 19 June 1978, no. 90.
- The Forty-fifth Biennial: The Corcoran Collects, 1907–1998, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 17 July - 29 September 1998, unnumbered catalogue.
- Phillips, Dorothy W. A Catalogue of the Collection of American Paintings in the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Vol. 2: Painters born from 1850 to 1910. Washington, 1973: 186-187, repro. 186.