on the base near the left foot: A. Rodin
Commissioned 1890 by Henri Vever [1854-1942], Paris; delivered November 1891; (Vever sale, Galerie Georges Petit, Paris, 1-2 February 1897, no. 186); William A. Clark [1839-1925], New York; bequest 1926 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- The William A. Clark Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 26 April - 16 July 1978, unnumbered catalogue, fig. 106.
- Rodin: Sculpture from the Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Collection, North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, 2000.
- Treasures of European Decorative Art and Sculpture, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 25 August 2007 - 29 March 2009, no catalogue.
- A Love of Europe: Highlights from the William A. Clark Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 30 January - 11 April 2010, no catalogue.
- Le Normand-Romain, Antoinette. Rodin et le Bronze: Catalogue des Oeuvres Conservées au Musée Rodin. Paris, 2007: 342, 346, 348 n. 33.
- Le Normand-Romain, Antoinette. The Bronzes of Rodin: Catalogue of Works in the Musée Rodin. Translated by Pamela Hargreaves. Paris, 2007: 342, 346. 348 n. 33.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: