lower left: Hartigan 56.
Purchased 1957 by Dorothy C. Miller [1904-2003], New York; gift 10 November 1977 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Annual Exhibition: Sculpture, Paintings, Watercolors, Drawings, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 14 November 1956 - 6 January 1957, no. 97.
- One-Man Exhibition [one of seven one-person exhibitions held in conjunction with and honoring artists represented in the1961 Pittsburgh International Exhibition of Contemporary Painting and Sculpture], Carnegie Institute, 27 October 1961 - 7 January 1962, no. 502.
- Grace Hartigan: Thirty Years of Painting, Fort Wayne Museum of Art; Georgia Museum of Art, Athens; Mint Museum, Charlotte, 1981, no. 5.
- Grace Hartigan, Morris Louis, Clyfford Still, Anne Truitt, Baltimore Museum of Art, 14 October - 5 December 1982.
- Action/Precision: The New Direction in New York, 1955-60, Newport Harbor Art Museum, Newport Beach; Worcester Art Museum; Grey Art Gallery, New York University, New York; Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati; Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo; Archer M. Huntington Art Gallery, University of Texas at Austin, 1984-1986, no. 13, repro.
- Grace Hartigan: A Mini-Retrospective 1954-1984, Watkins Gallery, The American University, Washington, 15 February - 14 March 1987, no. 2.
- Grace Haritgan: Four Decades of Painting, Kouros Gallery, New York, 7 April - 6 May 1989.
- Action/Abstraction: Pollock, De Kooning, and American Art, 1940-1976, The Jewish Museum, New York; Saint Louis Art Museum; Albright-Knox Gallery, Buffalo, 2008-2009, no. 39, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: