lower left: V Dubreuil; lower center, painted over: 1898
Lawrence A. and Barbara G. Fleischman, Detroit; purchased 1966 by (Kennedy Galleries, New York); purchased 4 June 1980 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- The Reality of Appearance: The Trompe L'Oeil Tradition in American Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; University Art Museum, Berkeley; California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco; Detroit Institute of the Arts, 1970, no. 96, repro., as The Safe.
- Selected American Masterworks: John Singleton Copley to Jack Levine, 1770-1979, Kennedy Galleries, New York, 4 December 1979 - 5 January 1980, no.11, repro., as Safe Money (The Safe).
- Acquisitions Since 1975, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 5 November 1982 - 16 January 1983, unpublished checklist.
- Old Money: Trompe L'Oeil Images of Currency, Berry-Hill Galleries, New York, 11 November - 17 December 1988, no. 25, repro.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 294, repro.
- Evans, Lorinda. "Toward Understanding Victor Dubreuil." American Art 26, no. 3 (Fall 2012): 75-77, 84 n. 21, fig. 8.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: