lower left: Sheeler 1911; across center reverse: 'Dahlias / and / Asters' / C.R. Sheeler. / 1912
Possibly (Downtown Gallery, New York); Joan B. Detweiler [Mrs. F.H. Detweiler]; gift 1962 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Progress of an American Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 25 October-29 December 1963, unpublished checklist.
- Conservation in the Museum, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 15 September-22 October 1972, unpublished checklist.
- An American Flower Show, Heritage Plantation of Sandwich, MA, 1980, unnumbered.
- Roots of Modernism in America: Artists of the Armory and the Eight, Nassau County Museum of Fine Art, Roslyn, NY, 1984.
- Charles Scheeler: Paintings, Drawing, Photographs, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Whitney Museum of Art, NY, Dallas Museum of Art, 1988.
- American Modernism, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2002-2003.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013-28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Phillips, Dorothy W. A Catalogue of the Collection of American Paintings in The Corcoran Gallery of Art, Vol. 1: Painters born before 1850. Washington, 1966: 117.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 316, repro.
- Kushner, Marilyn Satin, and Kimberly Orcutt, eds. The Armory Show at 100: Modernism and Revolution. New York, 2013: 459.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: