on stretcher crossbar reverse: REINHARDT 1952
(Betty Parsons Gallery, New York), by 1962. Old National Bancorporation, Spokane, by 1980. private collection, Germany. (James Goodman Gallery, New York); purchased March 1983 by Gilbert H. and Ann Kinney, Washington; gift 1987 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- 46th Annual Exhibition, Randolph-Macon Women's College, Ashland, Virginia, April-June 1957.
- American Art Since 1950, Fine Arts Pavilion, Seattle's World Fair; Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston, 1962, no. 55.
- Ad Reinhardt and Color, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, 11 January - 9 March 1980, no. 6, repro.
- Ad Reinhardt, Seventeen Works, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 22 September - 16 December 1984, no. 13, repro.
- Ad Reinhardt, Museum of Modern Art, New York; Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, 30 May 1991 - 5 January 1992, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Kleeblatt, Norman L., ed. Action/Abstraction: Pollock, de Kooning, and American Art, 1940-1976. Exh. cat. Jewish Museum, New York, 2008: 154, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: