lower left: Jules Breton / Courrieres 1860
Purchased June 1861 by Anna Delion, Paris; (her sale, Paris, 19-26 March 1862, no. 351, as La Récolte du colza). C.G. Candano, by June 1887. sold 1899 to William A. Clark [1839-1925], New York; bequest 1926 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Exposition Générale des Beaux-Arts, Brussels, 1860, no. 90.
- Salon, Paris, 1861, no. 427.
- Jules Breton and the French Rural Tradition, Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha; Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis; Sterling and Francine Clark Institute, Williamstown, 1982-1983, no. 13, as The Rapeseed Harvest (Le Colza or Le Moisson de Colza).
- La Vie Moderne: Nineteenth Century French Art from the Corcoran Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Columbus Museum of Arts and Sciences, Georgia; Mary and Leigh Block Gallery, Northwestern University, Evanston; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Tampa Museum; Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha; Akron Art Museum, 1983-1985, no. 12, repro.
- The William A. Clark Collection: Treasures of a Copper King, Yellowstone Art Center, Billings; Montana Historical Society, Helena, 1989, unnumbered checklist.
- Antiquities to Impressionism: The William A. Clark Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Van Gogh's Sheaves of Wheat, Dallas Museum of Art, 22 October 2006-7 January 2007, no. 6, repro.
- Lacouture, Annette Bourrut. Jules Breton: Painter of Peasant Life. Exh. cat. Musée des beaux-arts, Arras; Musée des beaux-arts, Quimper; National Gallery of Ireland, Dublin. New Haven and London, 2002: 88 fig. 44, 89.