signed by artist, lower left below image in graphite: DeCARAVA; bottom left of mount, typed in black ink on white label: CO758[handwritten in black ink: 7] #7 / Asphalt workers; by Corcoran Gallery of Art, bottom right in graphite: 1976.37.3 / DE CARAVA, Roy; on verso of mount, by unknown hand, vertical along center left edge in graphite: #70; bottom left: DeCarava; by Corcoran Gallery of Art, bottom right: 1976.37.3
Roy DeCarava, Brooklyn, NY; purchased by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC (through the Witkin Gallery, Inc., New York), 1976; acquired by NGA, 2015.
Associated NamesCorcoran Gallery of Art
- The Nation’s Capital in Photographs, 1976: Robert Cumming and Roy DeCarava, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 14 – May 9, 1976
- Of Time and Place: American Figurative Art from the Corcoran Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC; Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati, OH; San Diego Museum of Art, San Diego, CA; University of Kentucky Art Museum, Lexington, KY; Hunter Museum of Art, Chattanooga, TN; Philbrook Art Center, Tulsa, OK; Portland Art Museum, Portland, OR; Des Moines Art Center, Des Moines, IA; Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, FL (travelled through May 1983, Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service)
- Black is a Color: African American Art at the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 1 – April 7, 2003
- Nygren, Edward J. Of Time and Place: American Figurative Art from the Corcoran Gallery. Exh. cat. Washington D.C., 1981: 166-167, cat. 70.
- Malet, Rosa Maria et al. Modernitat Americana: Obres de la Corcoran Gallery of Art. Exh. cat. Fundació Joan Miró, Barcelona, 2008: 104-105, 168.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: