in black pen and ink, lower right: STEINBERG; upper center verson, in green colored pencil: 21 [in circle]; in red colored pencil: 199 [in circle]; in graphite: U832/22; along right edge verso, vertically: Maeght 8 2 73; lower right verso: 29 [in circle] / 173; repair top [inverted with arrow pointing towards top of verso], Raw [underlined]
Gift to NGA in 2016 from The Saul Steinberg Foundation, New York, NY.
- Saul Steinberg: Drawings, Betty Parsons/Sidney Janis, New York, January 28 - February 16, 1952
- Steinberg. Galerie Maeght, Paris, April-May 1953
- Steinberg. Kestner Gesellschaft, Hannover, Germany, 20 June - 1 August 1954
- "Steinberg" Derriere Le Miroir. Galerie Maeght, Paris, (1953): no. 103 (not repro.)
- Steinberg. Exh. cat Kestner Gesellschaft, Hannover, Germany, 1954: no. 69 (b/w repro.)