in black pen and ink, lower left: STEINBERG; in graphite: 1964; upper right: Bleed →; various printers notations on verso overall.
Marks and Labels
stamped in blue, lower left verso, UNBLOCKED, LEAVE BEARERS ON; [in rectangle] THE NEW YORKER / EDITORIAL DEPARTMENT / 25 WEST 43RD STREET / 19TH FLOOR
Gift to NGA in 2016 from The Saul Steinberg Foundation, New York, NY.
Associated NamesSaul Steinberg Foundation, The
- Saul Steinberg. Institut Valencià d'Art Modern, 7 February - 7 April 2002
- Sterne and Steinberg: Critics Within. Menil Collection, Houston, May 23 - August 17, 2008
- The New Yorker 38, no. 25 (August 11, 1962), ill., 25 (cropped)
- Steinberg, Saul. "Straight From the Hand and Mouth of Steinberg." Life 59 (December 10, 1965): 62, b/w ill. (cropped)
- Steinberg, Saul. The New World. New York, 1965: 52 (drawing repro.in b/w with modifications)
- Saul Steinberg. Exh. cat. Institut Valencià d'Art Modern, 2002: color repro., pl. 83
- Sort by:
- Results layout: