lower right: Geo. Henry Hall / Siena '85
William H. Gerdts, New York, by at least 1965; gift 2018 to NGA.
Associated NamesGerdts, William H., Dr. and Mrs.
- [Still lifes of edible subjects from the collection of William H. Gerdts, on occasion of publication of cookbook by William and Lois Katzenbach], Board Room, American Federation of the Arts, New York, c. 1965, no catalogue, label no. 38.
- Mid-Nineteenth Century American Painting from the Collections of Henry M. Fuller and William H. Gerdts, Cummer Gallery of Art, Jacksonville, 1966, no. 25, repro.
- American Cornucopia: 19th Century Still Lifes and Studies, The Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation, Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, 1976, no. 26.
- For Beauty and For Truth: The William and Abigail Gerdts Collection of American Still Life, Mead Art Museum, Amherst; Berry-Hill Galleries, New York, 1998, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Gerdts, William H., and Russell Burke. American Still-Life Painting. New York, 1971: 66, 78, fig. 5-17.