lower right: A. J. H. Way.
William H. Gerdts, New York, by at least 1965; gift 2018 to NGA.
- [Still lifes of edible subjects from the collection of William H. Gerdts, on occasion of publication of cookbook by William and Lois Katzenbach], Board Room, American Federation of the Arts, New York, c. 1965, no catalogue, label no. 7.
- Mid-Nineteenth Century American Painting from the Collections of Henry M. Fuller and William H. Gerdts, Cummer Gallery of Art, Jacksonville, 1966, no. 50, repro., as Grapes.
- American Cornucopia: 19th Century Still Lifes and Studies, The Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation, Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, 1976, no. 27, repro., as Still Life of Hanging Grapes.
- For Beauty and For Truth: The William and Abigail Gerdts Collection of American Still Life, Mead Art Museum, Amherst; Berry-Hill Galleries, New York, 1998, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Gerdts, William H., and Russell Burke. American Still-Life Painting. New York, 1971: 72-73, pl. X.