upper left in plate: BENEDETO / MONTAGNA
- installation to accompany two concerts titled "Love Songs of the Renaissance," Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, 1955, no cat.
- Prints of the Italian Renaissance, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1973, no. 249.
- Sharing Images: Renaissance Prints into Maiolica and Bronze, cat. by Jamie Gabbarelli, NGA, 2018, no.
- Hind, Arthur M. Early Italian Engraving; a critical catalogue with complete reproductions of all the prints described. 7 vols. London: Bernard Quaritch Ltd., 1938-1948.
- Levenson et al. 1973, no. 132.
- Wyss, Edith. The Myth of Apollo and Marsyas in the Art of the Italian Renaissance: An Inquiry into the Meaning of Images. Newark, Delaware and London, 1996: no. 91 (appendix), fig. 50 (p. 85).