stamped in the wax positive on lower left shoulder, in incised circle: M.L.G [Maurice Le Garrec]; incised on the bottom rim at front center: 3/30 D; cold-stamped inside, front center: 3/30
Sold 1 July 1930 through (Charles Sessler, Philadelphia) to Lessing Julius Rosenwald, Jenkintown, Pennsylvania; gift 1943 to NGA.
- Honoré Daumier, Anniversary Exhibition, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1958, no. 8, repro.
- Honoré Daumier: Exhibition of Prints, Drawings, Watercolors, Paintings, and Sculpture, Los Angeles County Museum, 1958, no. 227.
- Honoré Daumier, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1960, no cat.
- Impressionism in Sculpture, traveling exhibition organized by The American Federation of Arts, 9 venues, 1961-1962.
- Lithography and Sculpture of Daumier, Realist and Satirist, The Hill School, Pottstown, Pennsylvania, 1964, unnumbered brochure.
- Daumier Sculpture: A Critical and Comparative Study, Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1969, no. 28c, repro.
- Nineteenth-Century Sculpture, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1974, unnumbered checklist.
- Honoré Daumier 1808-1879, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1979, no. 9, repro.
- The Romantics to Rodin: French Nineteenth-Century Sculpture from North American Collections, Los Angeles County Mus. of Art; Minneapolis Inst. of Arts; Detroit Inst. of Arts; Indianapolis Mus. of Art; Mus. of Fine Arts, Boston, 1980-1981, no. 87.
- Daumier: 1808-1879, National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa; Galeries nationales du Grand Palais, Paris; The Phillips Collection, Washington, D.C., 1999-2000, no. 38b, repro., as Prunelle (shown only in Washington).
- Gobin, Maurice. Daumier Sculpteur, 1808-1879. Geneva, 1952: no. 8.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 150, as one of The Deputies, complete set of 36 bronze busts.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 58, repro.
- Butler, Ruth, and Suzanne Glover Lindsay, with Alison Luchs, Douglas Lewis, Cynthia J. Mills, and Jeffrey Weidman. European Sculpture of the Nineteenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2000: 178-180, color repro.