on verso late thirteenth-century copy of a letter from Pope Gregory IX to Elizabeth of Thuringia
R. Forrer (Lugt Supp.941a)
Associated NamesRosenwald, Lessing Julius
- Illuminations from Medieval Manuscripts, M.H. de Young Memorial Museum, San Francisco, CA, 1944.
- New Acquisitions in the Rosenwald Collection, NGA, 1946, no cat.
- 46th Annual Exhibition of Miniatures, Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1947.
- Illuminated Books of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, organized by the Waters Art Gallery at the Baltimore Museum of Art, 1949, no. 33, repro.
- Books of the Middle Ages, Royal Ontario Museum of Archaeology, Toronto, 1950.
- Mediaeval and Renaissance Illuminated Manuscripts, Los Angeles County Museum, 1953-1954, no.23.
- Portland Museum of Art, Portland, OR, 1954.
- Miniatures and Prints from the Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection, NGA, 1955, no cat.
- Masterpieces of Graphic Art from the Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection, NGA, 1956, no cat.
- Illuminated Manuscript Pages from the Rosenwald Collection, and North Italian Engravings from the Rosenwald Collection and Gifts from W.G. Russell Allen, NGA, 1957-1958, no cat.
- Manuscript Illuminations, XIIth-XVth Century, from the Rosenwald Collection, NGA, 1960-1961, no cat.
- Significant Forms: The Changing Character of Western Art, Addison Gallery of Art at Phillips Academy, Andover, MA, 1961, no cat.
- Pages from Medieval and Renaissance Illuminated Manuscripts from the Xth to the early XVIth centuries, University of California Art Gallery, Berkeley, 1963, no. 8, repro.
- Rosenwald Miniatures, NGA, 1965, no cat.
- The Year 1200, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, NY, 1970, no. 270, repro.
- A Selection of X-Xv Century Medieval Miniatures from the National Gallery of Art, Rosenwald Collection, New Jersey State Museum, Trenton, 1971, no. 17, repro.
- Mediaeval Manuscripts from the Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection, University of Notre Dame, 1972, no. 3.
- Witte Memorial Museum, San Antonio, TX, 1972.
- Medieval and Renaissance Miniatures from the National Gallery of Art, NGA, no. 33, repro.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald: Tribute to a Collector, NGA, 1982, no. 45, repro.
- Heaven on Earth: Manuscript Illuminations from the National Gallery of Art, NGA, 2009, no.cat.
- National Gallery of Art. Medieval and Renaissance Miniatures from the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1975: no. 33.
- Fine, Ruth E. Lessing J. Rosenwald: Tribute to a Collector. Washington, DC: National Gallery of Art, 1982, no. 45.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 658, no. 1033, color repro.
- Clayton, Virginia Tuttle. Gardens on Paper: Prints and Drawings, 1200-1900. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1990: 1.
- National Gallery of Art. Highlights from the National Gallery of Art, Washington. Washington, 2016: 34, repro.