- Loan exhibition of Degas for the benefit of the Citizen's Committee for Children of New York, Inc., Wildenstein and Co., New York, 1960, no. 118.
- Etchings by Edgar Degas, The University of Chicago, 1964, no. 31, repro.
- Prints by James McNeill Whistler and His Contemporaries, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995.
- The Unfinished Print, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, repro.
- The Unfinished Print, The Frick Collection, New York; Städelsches Kunstinstitut, Frankfurt am Main, 2004-2005.
- Degas/Cassatt, NGA, 2014, no.
- Delteil, Loys. Le peintre-graveur illustre. 31 vols. Paris: Published by the author, 1906-1926. Reprint. New York: Collectors Editions, Da Capo Press, 1969. Vol. 30 (Albert Besnard) is by Louis Godefroy.
- Reed/Shapiro 1984, no.52, State xii-xiii/xx (intermediate state)
- White, Barbara Ehrlich. Impressionists Side by Side: Their Friendships, Rivalries, and Artistic Exchanges. New York, 1996: 196, repro.