lower right in graphite: Mary Cassatt; lower right corner in graphite by unknown hand: 38 x 49; lower left verso in graphite by unknown hand: No 140
Marks and Labels
stamped lower left verso in black ink: NGA / LRJ
- Masterpieces of Drawing: Diamond Jubilee Exhibition, Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1950-1951, no. 99, repro.
- A Generation of Draughtsmen, The University of Michigan Museum of Art, Ann Arbor, 1962, no. 25, repro.
- Woman Impressionists: Berthe Morisot, Mary Cassatt, Eva Gonzalès, Marie Bracquemond, Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt; California Palace of the Legion of Honor, The Fine Arts Museusm of San Francisco, 2008, unnumbered catalogue.
- Breeskin, Adelyn Dohme. Mary Cassatt: A Catalogue Raisonné of the Oils, Pastels, Watercolors, and Drawings. Washington, DC: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1970, no. 817.
- Wadley, Nicholas. Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Drawing. London, 1991: no. 21.