lower left: Daubigny 1865
Descamps-Scrive de Lille collection. (Galerie Georges Petit, Paris); sold to Meyer Goodfriend, New York; (his sale, American Art Association, New York, 4 January 1923, no. 71); purchased by A.A. Aron, New York; sold 5 January 1923 to (M. Knoedler & Co., New York); sold before 1941 to R. Horace Gallatin [1871-1948], New York; gift 1949 to NGA.
- Opening exhibition and loan for display with permanent collection, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, 1968-1969, no cat.
- Loan for display with permanent collection, Museum of Fine Arts. St. Petersburg, Florida, 1969-1970.
- Around Impressionism: French Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1999, no cat.
- Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, Washington, Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art; Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, 1999, no. 9, repro., as Landscape with Figures.
- Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; The National Art Center, Tokyo; Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art, 2011, not in catalogue (shown only in Tokyo and Kyoto).
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 36.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 29, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 92, repro.
- Hellebranth, Robert. Charles-François Daubigny, 1817-1878. Morges, 1976: 64, no. 173, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 112, repro.
- Eitner, Lorenz. French Paintings of the Nineteenth Century, Part I: Before Impressionism. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2000: 148-150, color repro.