by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, lower right verso, in graphite: The Terminal—1892 / N Y / original 4 x 5 / Carbon Print (enlarged / negative / 1895)
by later hand, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 128 C
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Stieglitz in the Darkroom, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, October 4, 1992–February 14, 1993
- Alfred Stieglitz: Known and Unknown, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, June 2–September 2, 2002; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, October 6, 2002–January 5, 2003
- Alfred Stieglitz and His Circle: 1905–1930, Musée d'Orsay, Paris; Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, Madrid, 2004–2005
- In the Darkroom: Photographic Processes Before the Digital Age, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2009–2010
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz : The Key Set : The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 1, cat. 92.