Key Set Entry
Related Key Set Photographs
- Alfred Stieglitz
- Coenties Slip
- probably 1893, printed 1929/1932
- gelatin silver print
- Key Set Number 80
A corresponding print was given to the following institution(s) by Alfred Stieglitz during his lifetime, or was received or acquired from the estate:
The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 72.1950
A print corresponding with this photograph can also be found in the following collection(s):
The Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1986-164-5 (inscribed: Five Points—New York—/ 1894 / Alfred Stieglitz)
Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, 2016.101.410
Location unknown [lantern slide] (inscribed: A New Importation, New York, 1893)
A print from the same negative—perhaps a photograph from the Gallery’s collection—appeared in the following exhibition(s) during Alfred Stieglitz’s lifetime:
A reproduction of this work appeared in the following publication(s) during Alfred Stieglitz’s lifetime:
Waldo Frank et al., America & Alfred Stieglitz (New York, 1934): pl. 25c (ill., Five Points, New York, 1892)
by later hands, on mount, upper left verso, in graphite, in square: 1; lower left verso: 10 [circled] 126-B; lower right verso: 0109
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
Associated NamesO'Keeffe, Georgia
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, March 16–April 27, 1958
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 3–May 8, 1983; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- Bry, Doris. Exhibition of Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1958: pl. 2.
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 25.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 1, cat. 81.